Thursday, May 16, 2024

Live Salty

It's my turn to hostess Just Us Girls Challenge #727 and I have chosen a summer moodboard for you this week. I just got these Waffle Flower Beach Day stamp and stencil sets when they released because they were just irresistible! The seagulls at our beaches are no different than any other location. They will snatch food from you if it is out in the open. This one looks cute and innocent, but it wants those french fries! He is a salty one like all the rest! Check out what the team and special guest Jenny Martin have made for your inspiration! 








I am also playing along at Inkspirational Challenges #315 Seasonal: Summer with my beachy postage card.




I used Distress inks and a few colored pencils along with Versafine Onyx black ink. I already had the Waffle Flower postage die. I debated saving this for our next stencil challenge, but I had to play with the set as soon as it came. That doesn't mean you won't see it again in a different way!!

Please join us this week for some summer fun!

-Carol

18 comments:

Nancy said...

This is absolutely perfection and I can see why you had to put everything else aside and play with it. Please share more soon. I Adore it!

cm said...

You've created the perfect beach-themed card using this stencil. Yes, that seagull is definitely eyeing the fries! Awesome take on the mood board!
hugs~carol

Carol said...

Thanks my friends. It is so much fun to play with these products!

JoAnn said...

Love your card with all those cute stenciled images. Yes, that seagull is definitely eyeing those fries, so cute. Great card.

Carol said...

Thank you so much JoAnn!

ElizStewart said...

Carol... you have sold me! I have to have this adorable set. Love your card...the colors, layout, all of it. So Florida!

Marlena M. said...

Such a cool look and vibe; love, love, love! Thank you for sharing with us at INk~

Vicki Dutcher said...

I love the mood board you chose for this challenge. Very fun card you made also.

Marina said...

I live by the sea so this fun card resonates with me! Love it! Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational.

Celeste Goff said...

What a fun card! Love the seagull and the french fries with the "Mine!" sentiment!

Bobby said...

You filled those stamps with such beautiful color and cute images, Carol. Spectacular card!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love this, Carol. I just got mine in the mail the other day. These postage collages are so much fun, and I love the way you used yours on the delightful card!

Lisa Elton said...

That seagull look like an ornery one! Cute card, Carol and a fun mood board!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Such a fun card! I think I need this new set!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a brilliant theme for the postage collage dies Carol and what a fun card! Fish and chips at the seaside is no longer advisable because of those bad gulls!! Vicky x

Carol said...

Thanks so much ladies! I am having so much fun with these stencils!

cm said...

Hello, my friend! Your fabulous beach card is a Top Pick over at Inkspirational! Thank you so much for joining and supporting us! Our current challenge is the Spotlight Technique; would love if you have a chance to play along!
hugs~carol

Carol said...

Thank you for the great news Carol! I will definitely play along at Ink!