Thursday, May 30, 2024

Hello Sunshine

It has been very warm and sunny in Florida but with low humidity and that's what we like! We also sat for two hours right on the water at a little casual restaurant on Saturday where boats can dock and the people come in to eat. The waiter told us to stay as long as we wanted (it wasn't busy) so we enjoyed the 180 degree view, the water, the birds and the boats going by us. So for our Just Us Girls CASE a Design Team Member #729 I was in the mood to make this beachy card. (CASE stands for Copy and Selectively Edit, aka make your own version.) Choose one (or more) of our cards to remake in your own way!







Here is a photo of one of the benches were people wait "outside" for a table in the open air restaurant.








Products I used:

Simon Says Stamp: Hello Sunshine Frame

Ellen Hutson:  Beach Day stamp set

SugarPea Designs: Wave stencil

Distress Inks

Copic markers

Versafine Onyx Black Ink

After die cutting the frame 4 times, I popped out one frame's "Sunshine" die cut and ink blended yellow and orange to be ombré. I adhered all of the frames together so they would be thicker and stand out from the card. I popped the "sunshine" back in. Then, I stamped the seagull and colored him before fussy cutting him and attaching him to the frame.  I stenciled the waves on a scrap of white cardstock and adhered it to the back of the frame. I die cut the sun ( it comes with the frame die) and popped it up on the corner of the frame with foam tape. All I had to do was adhere the completed frame to the card base!

We hope you will be inspired by one (or more) of our cards and CASE us. Be sure to tell us which card(s) you CASEd. We love to see what you design based on our cards!

See you in the gallery!

Carol



10 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Carol... I don't know what Florida you are living in but it has been hot as hades where I am! Still love your beachy card! Perfect for a Floridian. Colors are just dreamy. I just did a mural on the back of my house... I will post in the DT gallery. Love your card (as always!)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love this. That gull is so cute

Carol said...

Elizabeth,

Thanks, and love your mural!!!!!!

Carol said...

Thanks Vicki!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I was picturing myself on a warm, sunny, low humidity day in a restaurant on the water watching the boats go by... what a delightful vision in my mind's eye! Your card is so perfect to go along with it. I hope you threw that seagull a fry (not really - bad idea to feed them when they can fly overhead an leave you presents). I love your card, the little guy with the hat, the lovely ocean water, and the perfect sentiment!

Lisa Elton said...

This is adorable, Carol! I love the water!

Bobby said...

Definitely a fun summer look to your card, Carol.

cm said...

Carol, your beach-themed card is wonderful - as is the story that inspired it and the accompanying photo. Our weather has been pleasant; looks like we're in for some hot temperatures toward the end of the week. YIKES!
hugs~carol

JoAnn said...

What a fun card with that cute pelican. Glad you had a fun day at the restaurant Saturday. Thanks for your sweet comment on my card. Have a wonderful week.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is such a fun, feel-good card! I love the darling little gull and the watery background.