Monday, May 27, 2024

Be-You-Tiful Spotlight Technique

It's been a long time since I did the spotlight technique and Inkspirational Challenges #316 is just that! My card has a 6" x 6" stamped image cut down to A2 size. It doesn't take too long to make this style of card because the coloring is at a minimum. Here is how mine turned out.








Here is the card I CASEd from the Elizabeth Craft Designs website. I believe EK Gorman made this cool card. I think her spotlighting shows up better because it isn't as busy as my  floral stamp. 


Products I used:

MFT: Harmonious Hibiscus background stamp, Inside and Out stitched Rectangle dies

Ellen Hutson: Be-You-Tiful die

Altenew: Artist makrers

Copic markers

Simon Says Stamp: Intense black ink pad

Dark pink and black cardstock scraps

Black rhinestones

Foam tape

Bearly Arts glue

First I stamped the whole A2 panel with my large stamp. I die cut two rectangles from the center of that panel and colored the middle rectangle with markers.

I glued the outer part of my stamped panel to the front of my card base. Next, I matted the inner two rectangles with pink cardstock and adhered them on top of the large rectangle with foam tape.  

I wanted to mute the busy stamping on the smallest rectangle so I die cut the sentiment from black cardstock, then traced the die on vellum. I fussy cut the vellum mat and adhered the black sentiment to the vellum with tiny dots of glue. I adhered the completed sentiment onto the center of the card front and added rhinestones. In the picture you can't really see the vellum, and it isn't too obvious in real life, but it does the trick to mute the busy design behind it.

Pinterest has lots of styles of Spotlight technique cards. If you are in the mood to color, this is the card for you.

See you back here soon,

Carol

2 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful cover floral stamp you used for your lovely card Carol - it's like double spotlighting with your 3 layers! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational:Spotlight - Julia xx

Carol said...

Thank you Julia! I hadn't looked at it like that. :)