Sunday, March 24, 2024

Without You

Using these MFT dies is like being an interior decorator and I have a lot of fun choosing "fabrics, textiles and surfaces" to create a scene. This weekend the Craft Roulette improv cardmaking challenge #207 had the following parameters that must be incorporated:


Project: A2 

Colors: Ice Cream Store

Element: Tasty or Taste(s)

Random: Add a banner








I made an A2 card base, then chose patterned papers, ink and card stock in sorbet colors (red raspberry, lime, blue raspberry). I added the banner as a "Welcome home" greeting for an adult child who comes home to visit (wink wink) and I made this whole scene based on a person's  "taste" in decorating the home. I popped up the sofa and plant on foam tape to look like they stand away from the wallpapered wall. I see this as a den where you go to read a book.

Products I used:

My Favorite Things: Take a Seat, Potted Plants, Picture Window die sets, Couch Potato stamp set

Concord and 9th: Mini ink pads

Stampin' Up!: Banner die

HoneyBee Stamps: She Shed stamp set (welcome)

My Mind's Eye: Patterned Tickled Pink paper pack

It really is fun to decorate a room on a card with fun colors and papers. The thing that takes the most time is paper selection. Then I sit with my little Sidekick die cutting machine on my desk and crank out the little pieces. I think this is my 9th submission into Craft Roulette...9 weeks already! (Nothing compared to cardmakers who have been participating a long time!)

See you back here very soon. Thanks for stopping by!

-Carol



2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Cute mix of patterns and colors, Carol this is fun!

Carol said...

Thanks so much Lisa!