Sunday, February 4, 2024

Ready, Set, Snow!

For the 200th episode of Craft Roulette last Friday night, GinaK was the guest. The "funn" parameters selected by spin of the wheel were:

Project: Kid's card

Element: Comic or Cartoon

Colors: Brrr

Random: Button(s)


I knew I had a couple of Snoopy stamps from waaaaaay back, so I started hunting. I actually found four!!! I adore the one I used here with the cliché originally from the first phrase of the opening sentence of the 1830 novel Paul Clifford by English novelist Edward Bulwer-Lytton. Cartoonist Charles Schultz's character Snoopy sometimes felt he was a world-famous author and often started his novels with "It was a dark and stormy night." As a child, I read every Peanuts book that Charles Schultz wrote. I had pillows on my bed with the characters on them, and a wastebasket with Peanuts characters. I'm a big Peanuts fan from way back.

I used blues for the Brrr feeling with lighter dots as snowfall. I added more snowfall with colorful enamel dots in the colors from each cartoon and a handmade snowflake button tied with silver cord (inspired by Gina herself who made one). I colored with Prismacolor pencils.  The red was added due to Snoopy's doghouse roof and yellow because of his little bird friend Woodstock. I stamped snowflakes to show the stormy night and added Wink of Stella for sparkle.

Since the novel he is writing begins with the famous cliché, I thought that the way to teach a child not to fret about an actual dark and stormy night is to be positive and embrace the snowfall, like Snoopy in these images. As a child, it is fun to play in the snow, right? Children don't have to shovel it or drive in it! I think a child would like this card for the Snoopy character, the enamel dots, and the colors.

If my pictures appear in my inbox soon, I will make the deadline and enter my card at Craft Roulette. At high internet traffic times it takes forever for a photo to go from my phone to my computer. (Airdrop takes a while as well for some reason.)

I can't wait to see all the versions of the parameters for this challenge! And congrats to Mary Gunn Funn for achieving 10,000 followers during the 200th episode! Two great milestones!

See you soon,

-Carol


No comments: