Sunday, February 4, 2024

Pandastic Birthday

I was invited to make cards at my friend Nancy's house and she has made several adorable cards with this Spellbinders Dancin' Birthday Panda die set, so I asked if I could make one. I love cards that move, and his legs dance left and right...so cute! I am playing along with this card at The Color Throwdown Challenge #778 where they are using green, blue and kraft this week.










I cut a white banner from white card stock after printing my sentiment on my computer. I die cut the patterned paper rectangle using a Simon Says Stamp Wonky Rectangle die. The pattern in this paper made me think of a place where pandas might live. Using a circle die, I created a stencil for the background on the banner. I stenciled over the circle stencil with one Hero Arts and then another Pink and Main stencil to "separate" the mostly white panda from the banner. I assembled the panda and adhered him to the banner so that his legs would move back and forth. This card is for my punny husband, so I added a bow tie to make it more masculine. I will enclose more panda puns inside the card (not attached) for the Punmeister to get a taste of his own sense of humor.

See you back here soon as I have another challenge card to make by today!

-Carol


4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

He's a cutie patootie alright and your card is heaps of fun, Carol! I like your mix of patterns!

Lynn Put said...

What an adorable card! Thank you for playing along with us over at the Color Throwdown!

JoAnn said...

Such a fun card with that cute panda. Love it.

Carol said...

Thank you JoAnn!