Saturday, January 6, 2024

Six-month Vacation Twice a Year

I was asked to be a guest designer for Sisterhood Of Snarky Stampers #246 after my card in October was chosen...making me the Queen of Snark. In January the challenge is "N is for New" and I am using this snarky stamp for the first time. The "new" elements of my card are this new stamp set and the new year theme.








I am also playing along at Time Out Challenges with my new stamp/New Year card.








Products used:

AALL & Create: Travel Dee stamp set

Stampin' Up!: Number dies, Scalloped Oval die, Speech Bubble die, Dots embossing folder

Pink and Main: Blue glitter cardstock

Versafine: Onyx Black Ink pad

Prismacolor pencils

It was kind of an easy card once I figured out what I wanted to use and how I wanted everything placed. I popped up the speech bubble on foam tape like a TV cartoon when the speech bubble pops up as someone speaks. 

I got a few new stamping products for Christmas and can't wait to be using them soon! Did you? I'll be watching the gallery at SoSS to see what everyone comes up with for this challenge, too.

Happy New Year!
-Carol








13 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Happy New Year, carol, and a big thank you to you for kicking off 2024 for The Sisterhood by being our first Queen of the new year. I love your card, and that sentiment would certainly work for me! Hugs, Jo x

Carol said...

Thank you Jo!

Lisa Elton said...

Well isn't she a hoot and what a fun sentiment! Congrats on guesting, Carol!

Donna said...

Fantastic!!!
Thanks so much for playing along with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers and for being our first 2024 Queen of Snark!!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is absolutely FANTASTIC! I love all the Dee sets, and you used this one so perfectly as the Queen of Snark!!! How fun! So happy to see you again at Time Out too!

Chris Dring said...

Perfect sentiment for this fantastic card! Thanks for rocking that crown for our first challenge of the new year at the Sisterhood!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies! The Dee sets are irresistible!!!

Helen said...

What a super fun card Carol and a great way to start the new year!!! Love the sentiment! Great design! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Time Out Challenges! Have a lovely day! :)

Carol said...

Thank you Helen!

JulieP said...

She's looking quite stylish and relaxed. Must be the vacations. ROFL!!! Love the glittery numbers. Thanks for Queening with Us at the Sisterhood Carol!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Fantastic NY card! I totally agree with the sentiment! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Time Out Challenge:)

Gerrina said...

That sentiment is a fun one! Son't know if I would be able to have a 6 month vacation, but the idea... Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!