Thursday, January 4, 2024

2024 Cheers

Happy New Year!! For our first Just Us Girls Challenge (#708) of 2024, it is all about color: teal, green and navy. I wanted to toast to the new year and decided to CASE a darling card at My Favorite Things by Sara Zoppi. Here is my shaker card for a festive noise and all the sparkle of bubbly champagne as the cork is popped.







I am playing along with Time Out Challenges #254: New.



Just joined in the fun at Word Power #1, a new challenge blog.






Products used:

My Favorite Things: Pop the Champagne and Tall Cheers die sets

Acetate

Markers

Matte gold wrapping paper

Sharpie

Sequins

Not too many tricks to making this card. I created a shaker and backed it with strips of teal, navy and green and some teal, navy and clear sequins. I dotted the background of the front panel with markers for the spray of the champagne. I wrote the year/stripe on the bottle label with a fine tip Sharpie.

I hope your year is off to a good start and that you enjoyed the holidays! We hope you join us this week with these three colors...they are quite versatile! We have a fabulous new teammate, Stephanie Lanzalotto, and our special guest this month is Stef Perry! Along with the rest of the team, they have created some really nice cards for your inspiration. We've also made some fun new changes to our website and challenge that we think you will like, too. See you in the gallery.

-Carol

22 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome use of the colors! Love this fun card 😊

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love your fun card. I can hear the pop of that cork (we had Cosmos this year!). I love that you made this a shaker (so very festive) and that you put stripes behind your die cut word. Great CASE, great New Years card. I am so happy to have joined this team and ook forward to much creating together!

Carol said...

Thank you so much ladies!!!!!

Nonni said...

Such a beautiful color combo and I love your festive card -wonderful design with the bottle "popping in" from the side! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

Carol said...

Thank you so much Nonni!!

Nancy said...

You hit this tough color combo out of the park. Awesome shaker and overall design. Love the bottle with the cork flying so much!

Carol said...

Thanks so much Nancy! We miss you!!

ElizStewart said...

Carol... such a clever idea for the colors! Love it.

Carol said...

Thanks Elizabeth!

Dotty Jo said...

Fabulous! Jo x

Bobby said...

So fabulous, Carol!! The shaker adds to the festivities of popping the cord, drinking champagne, and welcoming in the new year. Perfect for our challenge here but also for Time Out. Thanks for joining us there too.

Carol said...

Thank you Bobbi!

Carol said...

Thanks Jo!

Stef Perry said...

Carol, your card is a fabulous CASE of Sara's and I absolutely love that you made it a shaker! And that cork! Such fun card and one of my favorite dies

Ina G said...

Cheer to you Carol for such a fabulous bubbly festive creative card.

Diane said...

What a fabulous and creative card and perfect for our new challenge!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Word Power!
Diane WP Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Word Power}

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I totally love this! The confetti on the background, the bubbly and the fact that this is an amazing shaker card, too! I love it all!

Carol said...

Thank you so much ladies!

Lisa Elton said...

This is a whole lot of happy Carol! What a fun card!

cm said...

How clever are you to transform this challenging colour combination into an eye-catching shaker card! Cheers to you for being sooooo creative!
hugs~carol

Carol said...

Thank you Carol!!!

Lisa Petrella said...

It's a party in a card!!!! I love it! So super fun!