Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Sparkly Joy

This is a very texture-y card which has been my favorite kind of card since I was a child. The background is a piece of soft, flocked, raised-patterned vellum and the mug and red elements are glittery cardstock. I made it for the Time Out Challenges #253 Sparkly theme and today happens to be Hot Cocoa Day!







Products I used:

Pretty Pink Posh: Winter Mug dies

Honey Bee Stamps: Country Christmas Wreath stamp and die sets

Joy die: Not sure of the brand (Papertrey Ink possibly?)

Versamark ink pad

Gina K: fine Detail White embossing powder

Joann Fabrics: flocked vellum

Lots of die cutting and piecing took place to make this card. Then arranging the greenery was tricky for me. I die cut two "joy" pieces and adhered them together for thickness. That's it!

I mailed my cards this morning but I want some extras around just in case. I need to make some fun tags, but so many other things are keeping me busy right now! Friday I plan to bake and I am looking forward to it!

Happy holiday season!

-Carol


8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a delightfully festive card, Carol! That little gingerbread man and his big smile are the sweetest!

Carol said...

Thank you Lisa!!

ElizStewart said...

Carol... hope you are having fun creating today. Love this very Christmas-y, very sparkly mug of cheer. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Time Out this week. Happy Holidays!

Carol said...

Thanks Elizabeth!!!

Dotty Jo said...

Completely lovely! Jo x

Carol said...

Thank you Dottie Jo!!

Kate said...

I know I'm late but wanted to stop by and congratulate you on being Top Pick at Time Out! I absolutely love the sparkle on your card - very classy indeed! I hope you've already been in contact with Stephanie and will be joining us as our guest in a few weeks!
Hugs Kate! Again, apologies for being so late!

Carol said...

Thank you so much Kate! I have been in contact and will be happily joining you soon!