Saturday, July 15, 2023

Hey Cutie Pie

For our Just Us Girls Challenge #688 Moodboard this week Lisa E. has given us a yummy variety of things to inspire us. I went for a fruity dessert card: I adore cherry pie, tarts, turnovers, pastries. The team has all sorts of good ideas that you should check out! We hope your taste buds will make you want to create something sweet as well!








Products I used:

Spellbinders: Sky View Pies and Dish It Up die sets

Poppy Stamps: Life is Sweet stamp set

Concord and 9th: Mini ink pads

Pink and Main: Large Sentiment Strip Dies

Sugar Pea Designs: Card Front Element Builder dies

Red Twine

Silver cardstock

Acetate

I built the box (don't own the die, so freehanded it) and die cut the pie. I ink blended the pie crust to make it look cooked.  Next, I "sneaked" the pie, acetate window and box bottom into the already completed box...should have put it all together in a different order. I die cut the silverware and tied twine around the box. The fork and knife are attached to the box top with glue dots.

I die cut a scalloped cherry paper rectangle (hoarded this paper for YEARS down to a half sheet because I love it). I adhered it to the card base, then stamped and die cut the sentiment banner. I attached the sentiment and pie box to the front of the card. That's it!

Take a minute to join us and our guest Kristin for this sweet treat challenge. We love seeing your creations!

-Carol


 

11 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun to receive a pie in a box 😊. Love the knife and fork! Where are those from?

Carol said...

Spellbinders!

ElizStewart said...

Carol...you are the most creative cardmaker!!! So loving this cherry pie (cherry is actually my personal favorite)!

Carol said...

Thank you Elizabeth!

Lisa Elton said...

You and my hubby would be fast friends, he loves cherry desserts too! He grew up with a cherry tree in his front yard. Lots of homemade cherry pie as a little boy! This is heaps of fun and so creative, Carol! Love that knife and fork, they look real! No raspberries... NO problem... love this!!

Nancy said...

Cherry pie, YUM! This could not be any cuter and it was time to use that darling paper! Awesome job!!

cm said...

Love, love and love your cherry pie card, Carol! Isn't this pie collection fun!
hugs~carol

Bobby said...

Cherry pie is my favorite too, Carol. You have me drooling over your paper one. I love it in a box and the silverware was a great addition.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is amazing! I love your yummy cherry pie in that awesome pie box tied up with thye baker's twine, so creative! And that silverware looks so realistic! Beautiful inking on that pie crust, too.

Ina G said...

Oh Yummo Carol. How cool to have your cherry pie delivered in such a fabulous box and nicely tied in too. Super imagination!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!!!!