Saturday, June 10, 2023

Hello Sunshine

Do you ever have a card in mind that you want to make, but just don't ever seem to get around to it? This card has been on my mind for at least a year, if not longer, since seeing them here and there and then receiving one in a swap last summer. So, here is my card for this week's Just Us Girls Word Challenge #683: Hello.





Products I used:

Avery Elle: Splash Stamp set and dies

My Favorite Things: Sand and Surf dies, Wild Greenery dies, Beach Cutie stamp set

Sugar Pea Designs: Wave stencil

Versafine Onyx black ink stamp pad

Prismacolor pencils

Distress inks


I knew I wanted a bird's eye view card for my lazy river. The first thing I did was stencil the waves (the current) in the middle of an A2 panel of white cardstock. Then I ink blended the top and bottom green for a grassy effect. On scraps of white cardstock, I ink blended different greens for my leaves, then die cut them. I wanted a variety of colors and tropical leaf styles. Next I cut the edges of the lazy river with a wavy surf die, cutting three times in a row about 3/8" apart to get the two strips. I cut two long narrow strips of foam tape to pop up the edge strips on both sides of my lazy river. Then I attached the leaves in different directions, some flush with the card and some on foam tape. I die cut, stamped and colored my floating ladies and their tubes next. I stamped the sentiment, holding my breath that I didn't ruin the card at this point in the process...and lucked out. Then I placed the "floating ladies" and the card was done! 

An ad popped up on my computer while making this card that claimed that pool companies are putting lazy rivers in back yards instead of pools. I would go for that. There are classes at gyms where you walk against the current of a lazy river...so not a bad idea!!

Please join our Hello challenge this week...couldn't be easier!!! Can't wait to see your ideas in our gallery!

-Carol


 

13 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Carol... such a fabulous scene! I feel like I am on the river!

Carol said...

Thank you Elizabeth!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Too fun! Literally, reminds me of my sister and I at the lazy river we floated in :)

Carol said...

Vicki, It really makes me want to go somewhere that has one!!!

Lisa Elton said...

I want to go there!! This is so much fun, Carol. I like your bird's eye view of the tropical scene you've created. Those big leaves are the best! Wouldn't a backyard lazy river be fun!!

TK said...

So fun, yet relaxing! Such an adorable card, and all those pretty things to look at too

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love this birdseye view with those ladies floating down that lazy river! Love all of the beautiful leaves, too. This is absolutely amazing!

Bobby said...

Oh to be joining those ladies on the lazy river. It reminds me of a tubing adventure many years ago. You've created a great birds-eye view, Carol, and made such a fun and fabulous card.

Nancy said...

Nothing better than floating down a lazy river. I adore this card as much as your swimming card we made.

Ina G said...

Such a fun filled happy summery colourful creative card Carol. I looooooooove it to bits.

cm said...

Consider your goals in designing this card achieved 110%! You've created a fabulous lazy river scene; I want to grab a floaty and join your two gals. Definitely an image to bring sunshine to someone's day when this arrives in their mail!
hugs~carol

Lisa Kind said...

I love it! I only wish one of those ladies was me! Lol! What a great idea to create a bird’s eye view too! And I know what you mean about stamping the sentiment after all that work. Phew!!