Saturday, March 11, 2023

Thinking of You

It's time for a new Word Week at Just Us Girls #670: Rainbow! There are all sorts of ways to do a rainbow (traditional, bold, pastel, stamped, die cut, etc.) and mine is a "loosely interpreted" rainbow, meaning it is not an exact ROYGBIV. I chose colors that I really like and went with it and I could have been fussing with the color order as we speak, but decided to leave it be and take a picture!





Products I used:

Simon Says Stamp: Etched Laurel Leaves dies

Concord and 9th: Thinking of You sentiment

Versafine Onyx Black ink

Vellum

5" x 5" white card base

Various carsdstock colors and brands

Random sequins

Glue dots


I traced around a circle die with a pencil on my vellum square in order to have a shape to follow when arranging my leaves. I adhered them to the vellum square with glue dots so I could pull them off if need be to rearrange. I also adhered the vellum to the card base with glue dots, under the leaves only, so they wouldn't show though. Last, I stamped my sentiment and added sequins. The sequins match the leaves near them in depending on the lighting, so if you move the card, they change colors. You can see the differences in the two photos.

Please join us with your rainbow ideas!

-Carol

13 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

GORGEOUS! YOU should be in charge of coloring every rainbow, Carol!
=]

Carol said...

Thanks Michele!

ElizStewart said...

Carol...so loving your rainbow wreath! Just beautiful!

Bobby said...

Nothing wrong with your color order, Carol. I love all the brights you used.

Carol said...

Thank you ladies!! I'm loving all of the team's cards so much!!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your rainbow wreath is beautiful! Love the arrangement of those colorful leaves with the sentiment in the middle. Great interpretation of the theme this week!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the bright color usage!

Nancy said...

A perfectly executed card, Carol! Even the sequins are perfectly placed! I adore this!

Lisa Elton said...

I happen to adore the colors you used AND the leaves you used! You've created an amazing card for our rainbow challenge!

Carol said...

Thank you Nancy!

cm said...

I want a real life version of your rainbow wreath for my door! It's gorgeous!
hugs~carol

Ina G said...

What a fabulous way to show off those rainbow colours Carol. Love the die you used. Great layering.

Carol said...

Thanks girls!!!