Saturday, January 14, 2023

Love you...

For our second Just Us Girls Challenge of the year, word Week #662, our teammate Sue chose Heart. I decided to make a shaped card this time with a little scene. I love my Jane's Doodles mouse!





Products I used:Jane's Doodles: Mouse stamp

My Favorite Things: heart stencil

Simon Says Stamp: Heart die, (CZ Design) sentiment stamp set

Distress inks

Blending brushes

Patterned paper

Grey cardstock

I decided to make a shaped card and cut out two hearts. I scored the back one about 3/4" in from the top edge and adhered it behind the front heart with red line tape for sturdiness. I burnished the back heart away from the front to make the "hinge" for the card to open and close.

I stenciled the hearts lightly all over, then masked the "ground" using a post it note to cover the hearts and just ink the bottom of the card.

I stamped the mouse image on grey cardstock (to avoid having to color/shade him) and then stamped the mouse and balloon again on patterned paper to give the shirt and balloon a "hearty" design. I fussy cut them and adhered them to the mouse. I popped up the balloon on foam tape to give it the look of floating. Last, I added pink to his ears with chalk.

It was a fun make!!! Hope you will join us this week with your "heart" cards!

-Carol



11 comments:

JulieP said...

This is so sweet. It actually reminds me of some of the Valentines I'd get in school. The subtle background really sets off that cute little critter.

ElizStewart said...

Carol...love everything! The shaped card, the stenciled background...and that adorable mouse!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness!! This is perfectly adorable, Carol! I love that the balloon matches his shirt!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So fun with his paper pieced shirt and matching balloon. Fun card.

Nancy said...

That cute mouse looks so good with his matching balloon. Love that you grounded him and extended the heart theme in the background too. Nice card!

Marlena M. said...

This is so sweet!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your heart shaped card and the soft hearts on the background and patterned paper on the heart balloon and shirt. Cute sentiment, too. You totally nailed it.

cm said...

How cute is your mouse with his matchy-matchy sweater and balloon! Loving the heart shape, too!
hugs~carol

Ina G said...

Love that you went the extra mile and made a heart shaped card Carol. Of course Miss Mouse is adorable and so sweet with that 'jumper' sweater and matching balloon. Super fun sentiment!

Bobby said...

I need to do more shaped cards. Yours is fabulous, Carol, and that mouse is so cute dressed in his heart shirt.