Saturday, January 7, 2023

A Warm Winter Hello

I couldn't wait to use my Cozy Sweater die again, but this time for winter/ski season/sweater weather. For our first Just Us Girls Challenge of 2023, #661, Lisa K. chose the colors navy, light blue and white, which are colors I really like using. Here is what I came up with for this challenge. Please join us this week!!



I am also entering it at the Four Seasons Challenge: Winter.




Products I used:

Ellen Hutson: Cozy Sweater Tag die

Ranger: Distress inks

Stampin' Up!: rhinestones and snowflake sequins

White gel pen

I die cut the sweaters out of the colors of our challenge, then tried some arrangements on my 5" x 7" panel. I adhered them, then cut off the excess that hung over the edges of my panel. I cut a second 5" x 7" panel and scored along one long edge at 1/4". I put red line tape along that same edge and adhered the front panel on top of it by butting them both up to the top left corner of my scoring board. The back panel folds away from the front panel along the score line to be able to open the card. (I had to do this because I only have 8 1/2" x 11" card stock for my bases, but would have needed 5" x 14" for a 5" x 7" card base.) Next, I found the Hello die cut and vellum shadow in my stash and ink blended the hello with blue inks for an ombré effect. I used a white gel pen to make falling snow on the word. Not sure if I like it...I was going for the winter look with the sweaters so I thought snow on the word might keep with the theme. Then I added the snowflakes and rhinestones and was finished!

We look forward to you playing along with us this week...it's an easy one! Check out all of the design team's ideas as well by clicking on their names above their cards!

-Carol

18 comments:

~amy~ said...

a-dorable Carol!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great use of the colors with these fun sweaters!

ElizStewart said...

Carol... fab die! and I love how you used it! I am on a NO BUY till July...wish me luck. Such a fun... and inspirational card!

*Vicki* said...

Super cute card Carol! Love those cozy sweaters with the challenge colors! Nicely done!

Carol said...

Thank you ladies!!! It was fun and quite easy to make!

Julia Aston said...

Love these cute sweaters!

Lisa Elton said...

I love how warm and cozy this is even with the cool colors! Marvelous card, Carol. Happy New Year!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love all of those pretty sweaters making up the background! And I love the way you colored the sentiment and layered on the vellum. Perfect use of our colors this week!

Carol said...

Thank you ladies...I appreciate your sweet comments!

Bobby said...

Great design with the sweaters in the challenge colors, Carol. Such a fun card and I love the hombre sentiment with the snowflakes.

JulieP said...

You already know how much I adore this!!! Love the dots on the sentiment too....great touch.

Nancy said...

Carol, This could not be any cuter! What a fun die-cut! A perfect way to incorporate the greeting too! You are off to a fabulous start this year!

cm said...

I'd like one of each sweater in my wardrobe, please! Totally love this; perfect for the colour challenge!
hugs~carol

Ina G said...

Loving this sweater card and die Carol. Nearly one for every day of the week. Certainly not sweater weather here with the AC on to try and keep 'cool' Nice ombre sentiment bling and shimmer!

Lisa Kind said...

Living in a cold part of the country, I love sweaters and have many! These are so pretty and would be in good company in my closet! LOL! Cute card!

Rosemary said...

Super fun card!

Diane said...

Oh wow, what an awesome cozy winter card, and a great die too!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
Diane FS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}
{Stencil Fun}

Karen Letchworth said...

These sweaters are AWESOME, Carol. I love this card, the colors, and the sweet design. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge. Have a blessed week.