Saturday, November 12, 2022

Wonky Wordle Card

Are you a Wordle fan? I am! I play in English and Spanish! For our Just Us Girls Challenge #658: Add an Envelope, I have had this idea in my head for a while and spent days trying to come up with a Wordle for a cardmaking theme. It took forever to build it because every word had to stay on topic. It was also difficult not to introduce a letter too early that was in the final word! Beige was the ONLY word I could come up with on the theme to start the whole board, too. I don't love the first word being beige, but I had exhausted all cardmaking words that could work. Below you will also find a picture of my Life is Good brand t-shirt that gave me the idea to do a themed Wordle. The matching envelope is stamped all wonky to depict all the words and letters running around our heads as we try to think of words to solve the daily Wordle puzzle.





Products I used:

Stampin' Up!: Just Perfect Alphabet stamp set

Random stamps from years ago for the dangling tags

The Twinery: Twine

I finally came up with the puzzle words and got busy cutting out the squares for them in the correct colors per Wordle game rules. I stamped the letters next, and some are wonky, but I wasn't going to stress over that after all the time it took to come up with the words. I measured half way across the card from top to bottom, lightly drew a line, and then horizontally across to find the center. I started adhering the letters from the center out, eyeballing all the way. I wanted some sort of stamping related images, so I tied twine around the side of the card and attached round tags that I stamped. I took a 6" x 6" envelope and stamped the same letters that I used on the card all over the flap to make it a matched set.

Hope you have fun with this challenge...pretty easy theme this week, right?

-Carol


12 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super job! Love the stamped inside envie flap too,

cm said...

How fabulous to design a card and envelope based on something you enjoy! Clever, creative, fun and, most of us, super pretty! The Wordle fan receiving this will be delighted!
hugs~carol

ElizStewart said...

Carol... I love WORDLE... I did one of these cards for a friend's birthday recently. Such a fun and personalized card! Just fab!

Lisa Elton said...

How fun and cute too!

Carol said...

Thank you ladies! It was fun even with all the brain work it took to come up with words that worked!!

Ina G said...

Lots of work and fun has gone into creating this card Carol. Very clever. Nice touch with the envelope too.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is so fabulously creative! I love this fun card and the scattered letters on the envelope flap coordinate perfectly.

Nancy said...

I was so amazed at your creativity when I first saw this card. Your perseverance was worth it. Great envelope too! I love seeing where inspiration comes from in this wonderful hobby of ours!

Karren said...

This is just so clever! What a fabulous idea and card/envie combo!

Bobby said...

Your card is so creative, Carol. I love the tags you added with the twine. All the letters on the envelope was such a great idea too.

Carol said...

Thanks ladies! Your comments are so sweet!

Lisa Kind said...

OMGosh! This is so clever and I love it! (Can't believe you play this game in Spanish as well!). And I love the wonkiness of the letters. The envelope is super cute as well!