Saturday, September 24, 2022

Season of Friendship

I just tried an old technique that I always liked but never actually sat down to do...and this is the card I ended up with for this week's Just Us Girls Photo Week Challenge #651, chosen by my friend and design teammate Nancy!






Products I used:

Rubber Stampede: tree

JudiKins: speckles

Concord and 9th: mini ink pads

Pink and Main: enamel dots

Stampin' Up!: Season of Friendship die set

Sugar Pea Designs: stitched rectangle die


I discovered that I don't have any fall leaf dies or stamps. (I have a few fall leaf stamps but I don't love them and use them every fall) As you can see in the picture, I got out some oldie stamps on wood blocks. It was a little tricky to stamp the "leaves" on the larger card panel and get the shape of the tree just right. I stamped the tree and "leaves" again on another panel where I did most of my stamping, then cut it down to a smaller rectangle and matted it with brown card stock. I adhered the front strip onto the white A2 stamped panel with foam tape and added a few enamel dots because the card looked too flat/blah to me. I die cut an A2 sized brown card stock panel and adhered it to the front of a top folding white A2 card base, then added my stamped panel on top. That's it!

We hope you will join us this week with your fall cards! 

-Carol

11 comments:

Julie B said...

A lovely autumnal design, no sign of such colour here though yet.
Thanks for having me to guest with JUGS this month. :)

Nancy said...

Perfect FALL card and the stamping couldn't have come out any better. I can just see the leaves blowing in the wind. I think in a matter of days our leaves will be blowing too...but for a different reason. Stay safe!

ElizStewart said...

Carol... this is splatter right? or is it a stamp... very cool if it is (a keeper even if old!). Love the layers so effective and clean.

Carol said...

Thanks ladies. In the picture you can see the splatter stamp I used. I am not good at real splatter so I use premade. LOL!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely fall card!

Lisa Elton said...

I think you've done a marvelous job creating your autumn tree, Carol! This is a charming card!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your colorful leaves on that tree are gorgeous! Your design is amazing, love how the tree and leaves are on the panel and carry over to the background. Awesome sentiment, too.

Carol said...

Thank you so much ladies!

Bobby said...

You worked that splatter stamp well to fill your tree trunk with colorful leaves, Carol. I love the raised panel and dark trim.

Ina G said...

Fabulous result with the splatter stamp Carol. Gorgeous colours and fabulous layout. You mastered the technique beautifully.

Carol said...

Thank you ladies!