Thursday, September 15, 2022

Happiest of Birthdays

This week I am the hostess of the Tic Tac Toe Challenge #179, which means I created the board. I hope you find it easy to find something to make from it! Here is my card using the center column moving down: Wreath, Wood, Patterned paper. I CASEd a card from Papertrey Ink, which I have included below.







Papertrey Ink card that I CASEd


Products I used:

Papertrey Ink: Frame Decor stamp and die set, Wreath for all Seasons Stamp set (older)

Stampin' Up!: patterned paper (older), Classic ink pads

Woodgrain die

Handmade wood plank

Pretty Pink Posh: gems

I ink blended Going Gray and Crumb Cake inks with a blender brush on a piece of white card stock. I ran it through my Big Shot with a woodgrain die for texture. I watered down white acrylic paint and lightly brushed it over the woodgrain card panel  to make it look like whitewashed wood. I dried it with my heat gun, then cut it into planks. 

I stamped and die cut the wreaths, although I had to fussy cut the center one that is from a really old PTI stamp set! Next, I cut a piece of plain white card stock and scored it like wainscoting. I picked a grey, simple patterned paper to look like wallpaper and mounted the scored piece on it. Then I set up my wooden rack and hung its wreaths. I added bows and rhinestones, then stamped the sentiment...all from the one set. (My card turned out to be 5.5" by 7" so I had to make two 5.5" by 7" panels. I scored one, on its short end, at 1/4", then added red line tape to connect the two panels up at that end. I burnished the score line open so that the card can open but stays the 5.5" by 7" size when closed. I will have to make my own envelope, but I like using my envelope making tool!)

Be sure to check out the team's cards! They are really inspiring! We hope you join us this week! 

-Carol



 

No comments: