Sunday, August 7, 2022

Get Well Wishes

A cat loving friend of mine just had knee surgery and I decided to make a get well card that would make her laugh. A while back my husband had surgery and I made a dog with a cone card, so I knew what I was going to do for this cat version. I am playing along with NBUS #41 (Never Before Used Schtuff) with this cat stamp.





Products I used:

Cat, sentiment, ribbon: Stampin' Up!

Cone: vellum and a mini brad

Frame: Avery Elle

Foam tape


I punched a half circle out of vellum and kept cutting off more and more of the straight edge until the cone would fit the cat. I secured it with a little brad. Everything else is easy and obvious. I can't wait to hear from the recipient of this card!!!! Here is a link to my original dog in a cone card from 2021. My husband laughed out loud when he saw it because he was wearing a neck brace at the time after his neck/spine surgery and I was calling it the cone of shame.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend,

-Carol


4 comments:

Darnell said...

I laughed out loud, too, when I visualized hubby's response, Carol! Very clever girl you are and good of him to have such a great sense of humor following neck surgery! I also love this sweet kitty with her cone of shame and I love the plaid elements of your design. I also got a kick out of you photographing Miss Kitty in a fish dish! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Liz said...

Brilliant, what a fun card! It’s sure to bring a smile to the face of the recipient. Thank you for sharing your card over in the NBUS Challenge this month.
Liz - Guest Designer xx

Carol said...

Thank you ladies! It's a fun card to make!

Craftychris said...

This is soooo cute and fun! Love it! Take care. xxx