Saturday, August 6, 2022

Butterflies

This week at Just Us Girls Word Week #644 we are all about Butterflies! You have to see all the pretty cards! Be sure to click on the link above and check them out! My mini slimline card ended up looking like a baby girl card, so I am leaving off the sentiment for now, in case I need to add a name to it with little letter stamps or dies. Baby cards are fun to create. Simple and sweet.



 
I wasn't sure I had any butterflies in my stash, but then I remembered that I had a punch. I ran some white card stock and an embossing folder through my Big Shot to get the scallops on it. Then I punched out three white butterflies.  I also punched out a butterfly in the middle and two ends of a strip of pink floral and bee patterned paper. I popped up the butterflies' wings with foam tape in the spaces where the butterflies were cut from the patterned paper. I love this cute floral and bee patterned paper and like it with the butterflies. I added a yellow striped border and some sequins to finish it off!

Products I used:

Stampin' Up!: butterfly punch and scallop embossing folder

Patterned papers

Sequins

Here are some other baby cards I have made in the past. They are quite simple to make.







We hope you add some butterflies to our gallery this week. See you there!

-Carol



9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun textured butterflies on your slim line card

Lisa Elton said...

Your butterflies look adorable on the mini slimline base, Carol! Sweet card! This would be cute for a spring or summer birthday too ;)

Carol said...

Thanks Vicki!

cm said...

I think butterflies are perfect for a baby card! So sweet...as are the others you've shared.
hugs~carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your embossed and punched out butterflies are so sweet! Love the soft colors of the background panel edged with the yellow stripes. All of your baby cards are absolutely adorable!

Bobby said...

So soft and pretty, Carol. If not a baby card, it could be a birthday card for a young girl.

Cathy said...

Adorable baby card, some other great designs too, Cathy x

Ina G said...

Such softness and pretty-ness too with those butterflies Carol. Lovely baby cards.

Carol said...

Thank you ladies, for your ideas for other uses for this card!