Thursday, July 7, 2022

Seas the Day Rocker Card

Hello and happy summer! At Tic Tac Toe Challenge #169 this week I created the board for you. Can you tell that I was in a summer state of mind when I made it? I made today's card using the middle column from top to bottom: Outdoors, Blue, Water (But it also qualifies for top left to bottom right: Something Round, Blue, Sun) I am also into rocker cards lately too! I have another one posting on Saturday, so check back here to see it!





Really all you need to do for a rocker card is cut a circle from card stock, fold it in half, and you have the base of the card completed! Stand the card on the round edge and it will rock back and forth! You can add a slightly smaller circle to the front and decorate that, or add any shapes, die cuts, etc. to embellish your rocker base. 

For today's card I started with the beach scene die and worked outward from there. I die cut the scene once with white card stock, then took out all the pieces and ink blended them in the colors I wanted. I ended up die cutting the scene a second time to be able to pop up the chair and umbrella so they would stand out. To put it all back together, I got out my nested circle dies and cut a solid circle (the same size as my scene) for a base, then started putting the "puzzle" back together using all the pieces that the scene die cuts, starting with the stitched circle frame that is the outside part of this die. When the scene was complete, I grabbed a slightly larger nested circle die to cut the wave patterned paper, then another slightly bigger circle die to cut the kraft card stock base. I made a little easel "stopper" underneath my card so it won't do the splits and flatten out on my desk. (It is just a 5/8" x 3" strip of cardstock, scored in half and about 1/2" in from each edge. Put adhesive on each end section only. See the second picture for how to attach to the card) My card measures approximately 4 1/2" x 4 1/2 " which is small.  It can sit nicely on someone's desk. (I would play with it often if I had it on my desk!) 

Some handy hints: When making these cards, be sure to have an envelope handy to be sure that you don't add dies or embellishments that extend too far off the base or the card won't fit in your envelope. Also, when adding embellishments, be sure to balance them on both sides of the front of the card so that when it stands, your card won't lean too far to one side from the uneven weight. Leave me a comment if that isn't clear!

Products I used:

Pretty Pink Posh: Vacation Scene die

Simon Says Stamp: nesting circle dies

Hero Arts: Seize the Day Seagulls stamp set (sentiment)

Stampin' Up!: wave patterned paper, craft card stock

Distress inks

Blender brushes

I hope you try a rocker card, but even more I look forward to seeing yours in our gallery this week!

See you soon,

-Carol


No comments: