Saturday, July 23, 2022

My Favorite Beach Bum

Do you ever have zero mojo when trying to create something? I have not made a card that I absolutely love lately, and today's card is the result of carefully tearing apart the original card I started a couple of hours ago in order to salvage the chair and leaves without damaging them. My story for this card is a) I went with the colors/leaves/furniture in the photo for my jumping off point and b) the chair is supposed to be a gift with a tag for someone's birthday. I'm hoping it doesn't look like an Adirondack chair on snow (but the sand here on the west coast of Florida is very white and sugary soft). I was just keeping the card to a few colors like the inspiration photo this week for the Just Us Girls Photo Week Challenge #642, chosen by Sue, which is such a really good one! 






Products I used:

Simon Says Stamp: Adirondack chair die, Drifting Stitches Border dies

My Favorite Things: Life's a Beach stamps, leaves dies

Studio Katia: small tag die

Stampin' Up!: ribbon

The Twinery: twine

Wooden-look card stock

Concord and 9th: ink pads

Just realized that my card has a tag on a tag...maybe that's an idea for a challenge in the future?! Check out the team's cards and the variety of ideas they came up with for this week's photo. Their ideas really did help me figure out what I was going to make! Join us and we'll see you in the gallery!

-Carol






8 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Carol...this will be a great birthday tag. Love the sentiment. And no Floridan would ever mistake the "white" for snow! Hope you are staying cool.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun inspired card -- love the chair!

Nancy said...

Your perseverance was worth it. I love the chair so much!

Lisa Elton said...

All of your hard work paid off, this is charming! I like your tag on a tag too! I know that beautiful white sugary sand from our 3 1/2 years in Panama City ~ loved it!

Bobby said...

I'm sorry you had such a struggle, Carol, but you ended up with a wonderful card. I love that chair.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Well worth the effort! Very cool chair and I love the leaves behind it sitting on that sandy beach.

Ina G said...

Such a fabulous result you got here Carol. Everything just blends together perfectly. Love the chair and that gorgeous ribbon. So glad it turned out for you in the end. Love it!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!!!