Saturday, July 30, 2022

Look on the Bright Side

Hello friends! We have a really fun week for you! For our team member Ina's Just Us Girls Challenge #643 Wild Card Week: CASE a Designer, I chose to make this graphic style card after a quilt called Scrappy Suns by designer Corrine Sovey here and below I added a link to card designer Hannelie Bester whose sun card I just love as well!







Scrappy Suns quilt pattern by Corrine Sovey




I have had this quilt photo saved for rainy day, no, pun intended, in case I get good enough at piecing and quilting to make it! Love the colors and patterns!! Hannelie's card is adorable with the octagons and bright colors against the mostly white card. I used a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Small Talk cardboard sticker for my sentiment. The rest was just cutting shapes with  a circle punch and my paper cutter!

We hope you will join us this week for this fun and different approach to cardmaking!

-Carol

11 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Carol...love both your inspiration pieces and your end result! The colors are just delicious!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous card vs the inspiration! Well done.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your sunny, happy card and where you got your inspiration from! Fabulous CASE!

Lisa Elton said...

Love that you CASEd a quilt and created such a sunny happy card!

Bobby said...

I saw a video once where Ardyth used quilts as inspiration for her cards, Carol, and you did a terrific job of CASEing that bright sunny one.

Carol said...

Thanks everyone. This is a great theme. I hope we do it again!

Nancy said...

I loved this idea and I adored this card and am happy I got to make one too! I love everything Hanneleie makes!

Ina G said...

Oh Carol what a magnificant job you have done here 'case-ing' that lovely quilt. So bright and beautiful!

cm said...

So cool to select a quilt as inspiration - and your take is all-around awesome! A sunny smile-making card in every way!
hugs~carol

Carol said...

Thanks Ina!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies. It was a fun theme and I fell in love with the quilt, so that made it easy to CASE.