Wednesday, June 8, 2022

'Tis the Season

We are back at Christmas Craft Creations this month with a new theme: Trees! Ever since I was a child Christmas has seemed magical.  I have read that many of us have that feeling because it is how our parents treated the season when we were children and made it that way for us, which is definitely true in my case. This little deer in the woods seems like it is feeling the special season. I am also sharing my card over at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge here.








I love birch trees whether they are bare or with leaves, and the cards I have seen using them bare like this are especially pretty! So I inked up a panel with a variety of blues, purple and white, then watered down some white acrylic paint and spattered it over the panel to look like light snowfall. Then I ran the panel through my Big Shot to get the stitching around the edge. 

I die cut the trees and remembered, after adhering them flat to the panel that I had originally wanted to pop them up on foam tape. (Luckily I had already put my moon behind the trees on the left!) I painstakingly added three more trees on foam tape (skinny little pieces due to the narrow trees and branches). I stamped the deer, then added the snow bank in front of him, again on foam tape. I didn't want to disrupt the scene with an added sentiment on a separate piece of card stock, so I stamped it right on the card. 

I hope you will join us this month and make a Christmas card where trees are in the spotlight! I know that with every card I make each month for this challenge I am adding to my stash of cards to give out come December!!

Products I used:

MFT: birch trees dies

SugarPea Designs: Card Front Element Builder die (front panel)

Stampin' Up!: deer stamp

Stazon: Jet Black Ink

Ellent Hutson: sentiment

Simon Says Stamp: Drifting Stitches Borders die (snow)

A variety of inks, including distress oxides

Delta white acrylic paint

Foam tape

Tacky Glue


See you soon,

-Carol

5 comments:

Jeanne H said...

A beautiful card today. I too love birch trees. tfs

Carol said...

Thank you!

Ina G said...

What a beautiful Christmas card Carol. Love your background and those tiny snowflakes. That deer stamp is an oldie but a goodie. Your birch trees look fabulous as they are and nice snowy ground.

Carol said...

Thank you Ina!!!

JulieP said...

This is beautiful Carol! I really love your crisp white trees with the deer silhouette. Thanks so much for playing with us at the HLS Christmas challenge this month! -- Jules