Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Apple of My Chai

My daughter and I have a special drink for cold (or any) weather. It is steamed apple juice with several pumps of chai...like Christmas in a cup! Spices galore! We have always gotten it at Starbuck's but now she has her own coffee maker and I bought her the pods and syrup to be able to make it at home. I was inspired by a black and white card by Kelly Parker Schirmer a while ago and have had it in my mind to CASE. This was the result and it happens to go with The Color Throwdown's latest challenge CTD 684: grey, yellow, tan, and black.




I used The Greetery's Coaster die and Cozy Cup stamp set. I used washi tape to tape off the rows on the coaster die and ink blended black ink every other row. I used the Pinkfresh Studio Kelly Alpha Lower Case dies to spell "chai" and made my own sentiment to go with it. I also used, for the first time, my new Pinkfresh Studio Braided circles dies to make the pattern on the background. I have a yellowish brown and a mediumish taupe-y brown in the cup o' chai and the rest of the card is black, grey and white. 

I am also going to share with NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) here because I finally tried the Braided Circle dies that I just HAD to have many months ago from Pinkfresh!



Hope you will soon be out of warm beverage season and into the iced drinks...although some drinks just have to be kept around all year!

-Carol
 

10 comments:

Lisa :) said...

This is a FABULOUS card!!!

Kathyk said...

Totally fabulous make and thank you so much for sharing it with us at NBUS this month

Kathyk
NBUS Guest DT member for March

Evelyn S. said...

This is a wonderful card! I have never seen a die like that, and the way you used it is novel.

Cindy Beach said...

Carol, this is a gorgeous creation! Masking to create the plaid adds so much to an already fabulous design. Clever and cute pun!

Darnell said...

What a fabulous take on the color challenge, Carol, and how fun that you not only CASEd a card, but you made a design that is so meaningful to you and your daughter and your shared love of chai! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS!

Carol said...

Thank you Lisa!!

Carol said...

Thank you Kathyk!

Carol said...

Thank you Evelyn!

Carol said...

Thanks Cindy!

Carol said...

Darnell, You always say the nicest things! Thank you!