Monday, February 7, 2022

Happy Valentine's Day

I couldn't resist making another bokeh heart card, so here is my latest Valentine card using this fun technique! I am entering it at The Color Throwdown #678, The Paper Players PP577 Love and Friendship and Happy Little Stampers February Anything Goes With Stencils. Who doesn't like (all the way back to childhood) making and receiving Valentines? It was my favorite holiday in elementary school...signing all the cards and putting them my classmates' decorated boxes/bags. Then opening the ones I received!







Products I used:

The Greetery: Cozy Cup Coaster die

Simon Says Stamp: Wonky Hearts die

Honey Bee stamps: Coffee Break Stamp set

Hero Arts: sentiment

Ranger: Distress Oxide Inks in pinks and red

Prismacolor: colored pencils, reds, pinks and browns

Stampin' Up!: chalks, ink

Wink Of Stella: brush tip pen: clear glitter

I cut my own stencil by taking a heart die and cutting it in the middle of a piece of acetate. To make the background, I first ink blending three pink inks randomly in different parts of a  white card stock panel. Next, I stenciled the hearts using the several distress oxide inks. Then I had a half coaster die cut from a long time ago and used it for the napkin/tablecloth look under the cup and saucer that I colored with Copics and colored pencils. I cut it out by hand so no white edges would be present. I popped up the cup and saucer on foam tape and added a white glitter cardstock heart that I cut with a punch. I ended with some Wink of Stella on the bubbles and the spoon.

Hope you are having a good week and will treat yourself or your Valentine on Monday!

-Carol


 

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Another beautiful bokeh card! (Imagine if we were cardmakers back in elementary school? :D) Thanks for joining us - again - at Happy Little Stampers for the Stencil Challenge!

Ann Schach said...

Wow, Carol! This bokeh heart background is beautiful. The tablecloth is just as cute as can be. I love the layout. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Carol said...

Thanks Lindsey!

Carol said...

Thank you Ann!

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Carol,
Such a sweet card! Your background is clever, creative and beautifully inked! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

Carol said...

Thank you Cindy!