Saturday, January 15, 2022

Hello: Masked Flowers

This week at Just Us Girls Challenge #615 it's Color Week with light blue, white and silver! There are so many things you can do with this combination: winter scenes, baby and wedding cards, or floral, like I chose. A couple of ideas popped into my head and then I saw a masked floral card on Pinterest and made it my way!




                       


I used Altenew's Beautiful Day stamp set by choosing a larger flower and a sprig of little flowers. I stamped them repeatedly on a 5 1/4" x 4" white card panel using Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink. I stamped them again on Post It notes and cut them out by hand to make masks. I placed my masks over the stamped images, then ink blended Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink for the background. I removed the masks, spritzed on a little bit of black ink and added punched silver hearts in the open spaces. Then I mounted the stamped panel on a black  5 1/2" x 4 1/4" panel and adhered that to a white A2 card base.

I really think this week's color combo is versatile and hope you do too! Come join us!

-Carol


15 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

More power to you using masks! Turned out awesome

ElizStewart said...

Carol... amazing masking job! This card is beautiful! So smart to leave the flowers uncolored and color the background...it just stunning. I will have to remember that trick as I like to mask as well.

Lisa Elton said...

I love this Altenew set and I love what you've done with it, Carol! This is so pretty!

Carol said...

Thank you Lisa!

Nancy said...

Carol, I adore this card and the fact that I saw it come to life step by step is pretty cool too! You should totally make more of these! Well done!

Carol said...

Thanks Nancy!!!

Ina G said...

Love that stamp set and you have created a beautiful card here Carol. Those tiny hearts are so cute!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That is one of my favorite stamp sets and you have used it beautifully to create that gorgeous floral background! Love the addition of the little silver hearts, too!

Carol said...

Thank you Sue!!

Stef Perry said...

Beautifully done Carol! That's a lot of masking, but so worth it. This is one of my favorite stamp sets as well, and I love how you used it in this design. Plus those silver hearts - love!

Lisa Kind said...

Wow this certainly is a labor of love with all the masking! I love the inked background. Very pretty card!

Bobby said...

Fabulous job of masking, Carol! I love the white flowers with the blue background.

Carol said...

Thanks Stef!

Carol said...

Thank you Lisa!

Carol said...

Thanks Bobby!