Saturday, January 29, 2022

All About Plaid

 

This week's Just Us Girls Challenge, Wild Card Week #617, is Plaid. Easy enough, right? Here is my little shaker card...using a plaid patterned paper that I just love (and wish I had bought more of it). 






Products used:

Simon Says Stamp Peeking Pup die and Intense Black Ink

My Favorite Things Inside and Out Stitched Circle Dies

Distress inks

Blender brushes

Stampin' Up! glitter, white glitter cardstock, chalk

Happy birthday die - unknown source

Patterned paper - source forgotten

To make the shaker I cut the pup die first from a piece of white cardstock, then used little Post It notes to mask him off for ink blending the ears. I used chalk to make his cheeks blush. I used another Post It with a hole I made with a hand held hole punch. That became a mask for the spot around the dog's eye. I cut a small piece of black cardstock to put behind the openings for its eyes and nose and attached it to the back of the dog's face with Tacky Glue. Next I used a circle die to cut around the round opening so it would be a ring/frame around the dog. I cut another circle with acetate and adhered it to the back of the ring/dog. Then I cut a ring with two circle dies out of fun foam and attached it to the back of the acetate. I made one more ring with plaid paper and attached it on top of the ring around the dog. Last, I piled up some glitter on the card front and glued the shaker over it. I die cut the sentiment and attached it over the top of the shaker and I was done! Come join us with some plaid...which could be ribbon, too!!

See you next week!

-Carol





17 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

How cute are those plaid dogs!

Carol said...

I fell in love with the paper the minute I saw it!

ElizStewart said...

Carol... I LOVE those plaid doggies... you are right, that DSP is priceless!

Lisa Elton said...

Those plaid pooches are too cute for their own good! Darling card, Carol!

Nancy said...

He is even cuter in person! Great job with the challenge!

Bobby said...

Oh my goodness those plaid dogs are adorable, Carol. So is the larger dog as part of a shaker.

Ina G said...

OMGoodness how cute and colourful are these dogs Carol. Cute one peaking out of your shaker circle. This is awesome!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love this! Your pup peeking out of the circle frame of the shaker part is adorable and I am loving all of those cute little plaid doggies!

Stef Perry said...

Carol, I love your humor, which always translates into a fabulous, fun and creative card! Those plaid pooches are just the cutest and then you topped things off with the puppy shaker. Delightful!

Lisa Kind said...

OMGosh that dog is so cute with that circle around his eye! And I agree about that plaid dog paper...it's so cute! What a great card!

Carol said...

Thanks Lisa!

Carol said...

Thanks Stef! I'm still oohing and ahhhhing over your guest spot cards at JUGS. Gorgeous, every one of them!!!!

Carol said...

Thank you Ina!!!

Carol said...

Thanks Bobby! Yes, he is a shaker.

Carol said...

Thanks Nancy!

Carol said...

Thanks Lisa!!!

Carol said...

Thanks ELizabeth!