Thursday, November 11, 2021

Warm Christmas Wishes

There's a new board at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge (Click here) this week and I designed it! I had several cards in mind as I made the board, but I settled on the right column moving down: Gift, Non-traditional Holiday Colors, Patterned paper. I'd like to think that Santa is delivering a gift to someone at the beach! I'm also linking up with Happy Little Stampers Christmas  Challenge with the option to Make A Scene here.







I used my Simon Says Stamp Santa from the Jingle All The Way stamp set and (at the suggestion of my friend Nancy) colored him from the waist down so he would be wearing trunks, then I drew in/cut the legs of his shorts. I masked and added the patterns on his trunks and hat from my Mama Elephant set called Holiday Bitties. Great set with lots of little holiday images! I grabbed a really old set from Technique Tuesday called Loves Me Loves Me Not (a make-a-flower set actually) for his surfboard, which is what I saw in this set when I purchased it! I colored the images with pink, turquoise, purple and lime green Copics and did a little bit of shading. Santa and his surfboard are mounted on foam tape. I stamped Santa's gift a second time so I could fussy cut/pop it up on foam tape to look like he was holding it out from himself while balancing on his board. My "ocean waves" patterned paper is called Teal Watercolor Stripes and I think it is from JoAnn Fabrics. I got the sentiment from another Simon Says Stamp set called Warm Christmas Wishes and used the fish who are surfing with Santa from a Stampin' Up! set called Sea Street. I cut out the sentiment using my Inside and Out Stitched Rectangles Die set from My Favorite Things. Can you see Santa's cool bracelets? I imagine they are those rubber ones that are sold for different causes. They were supposed to be part of his gloves, but I extended them for surfer bracelets.

Hope you will play along with us at Tic Tac Toe Challenge his week because it will give you inspiration for  your holiday cards/tags/projects!

-Carol



 

No comments: