Monday, November 29, 2021

Merry Tree

Do you ever have a card idea in your head but think of it too late at night or when you are away from home? I finally put this idea to work and have a card to share with Happy Little Stampers Stencil Challenge Anything Goes here! 





This tree has been in my head for a while and I got the urge to make it late one evening...I am a morning person and don't know what got into me! I used a narrow striped Stampin' Up! stencil (taped off into a tree shape with washi tape) and some distress oxide and Stampin' Up inks in Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio and Green Galore to place the tree on my white cardstock panel. Then I got out my white GinaK Glitz Glitter Gel and spread it evenly and lightly over the fresh ink. At first it all looked yellow with no ombré effect and I was disappointed. Boom! The next morning it was dry, ombré and sparkly!

Next I took some Recollections Foil Paper (cardstock weight) and cut my sentiment with a Merry die. I liked the green effect in the foil and chose this paper for that reason. I scattered some holiday sequins (Stampin' Up!) on the panel and trimmed it down to be able to pop it up and show some green patterned paper behind it.

Just some hints about the Glitz Glitter Gel: The gel dries quickly, but I gave it overnight. The paper warped a little as it was drying so I put some acrylic blocks around the gel it to try to stop the warping as much as possible. When I put wide strips of foam tape behind the panel, the warping went away! I saw a video somewhere in which the woman tried this glitter gel over different types of ink pads (not pens!) and it really does take on the color of the inks used. It really was a simple, quick card. 

I wish you could see it in person because the sparkle is really nice. Have you already known this technique or do you buy the different colors of glitter gel? I figured that doing it this way saved me money for more stamps and dies! LOL!

See you soon,

-Carol

No comments: