Sunday, November 21, 2021

Advent Calendar Boxes

I have a fascination with Advent calendars and have wanted to make different types of them over the years. Currently I'm making a variety of little boxes to go with my recent advent calendar right here! After opening a door on the Advent calendar, the recipient will see a number, then go to the little boxes I've made and open the one with the corresponding number!

I am playing along with Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge Anything Goes right hereAll you need to make these little cuties are double-sided patterned papers, a paper cutter, a bone folder, a hand held small hole punch and ribbon. I also used red line tape (sticky strip) for the milk carton tops.






Two of the box tutorials are by Sam at Pootles Papercraft here called Milk Carton Topper Box (also here for a traditional milk carton). The kind-of diamond shaped ones are by Conibaer here, not in English, but just know that you need any size square of sturdy patterned paper or lightweight cardstock. I made 5", 6", 8", 10" and 12" and my favorite size is the 8"  but it really depends on what you need to fit inside! Also, do the corner folds (starts at 3:22 here) in all four corners along the diagonal lines. 

I put a little one on a Christmas place setting and may use this idea this year...with a little candy inside. I got the wooden tags a long time ago and do not remember who makes them. Sorry! I had been saving them for a special use and this is just that project! 

Hope you check out the box tutorials and try them. You can watch a movie while making them! They don't take long and once you learn the folds, you can make them without directions in front of you!

See you soon,

-Carol

5 comments:

cm said...

Carol, I'm crushing all over your Advent Calendar treat holders that pair with your previous Advent Calendar doors! Clever, delightful and all-around festive fabulous! Thank you for sharing links and tips!
hugs~carol

cm said...

Meant to add: so thrilled your shared these in the HLS gallery!
~c

Carol said...

Thank you Carol!!

JulieP said...

Ooh! I only saw the stocking on IG. The boxes are awesome too! Thanks so much for playing with us at the HLS Christmas challenge!

Carol said...

Thanks Julie!