Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Santa's Watching!

Children for ages have been told that Santa is watching them, year 'round, for their good or bad behavior. I made this tag to show that you never know when he is around! The Inspired By IB191C challenge here has a photo for inspiration and I hope you can see the bear, shades of blue and Christmas theme from it in my gift tag.









I cut the tree twice for sturdiness and the same for the bear because I need him to be hanging out on one side and hiding on the other. I watercolored the tree blue to make the tag seem cool and wintery. I added the silver stars for holiday sparkle, and after die cutting his hat and candy cane, I added Wink of Stella to the brim and pompom of his hat! I popped him up on the front of the tree so he would look like he was just hanging out in front of it and on the back side, hiding behind it. I stamped the To/From and Santa's little message next, then punched a hole for my silver elastic twine. He was so much fun to make!

Products:

Dotted Tree die from The Stamp Market

All Inside Bear stamp and die from Ellen Hutson

Candy Cane die from Tim Holtz Christmas Minis Thinlits dies

Present stamp from Mama Elephant Holiday Bitties stamp set

Stampin' Up! Classic Ink in Brilliant Blue and Ranger Distress Oxide ink in Tumbled Glass

Stars were punched with an older stars border punch from Stampin' Up!

To/From stamp is from Stampin' Up! Celebration Time stamp set

Santa Hat dies are from Lawn Fawn Tiny Gift Box Holiday Hats

Santa's message is from an older Ellen Hutson stamp set.


I am in gift tag mode lately and having a lot of fun with them!

See you soon,

-Carol

 

6 comments:

Danni Reid said...

Carol, this is so cool and so ADORABLE! Inspiring to cut the bear twice to have a peeking bear, and your Christmas tree in blue is SO beautiful too, LOVE it! Thank you for inspiring us @IB this week with this awesome tag!

Carol said...

Thank you Danni! It was fun to make!

Lisa Elton said...

I love that you put the bear on the reverse side too, how cute! Also love the 'saw that' note from Santa! Delightful tag, Carol. Thanks for sharing with us at IB!

Carol said...

Thanks Lisa!!

Caro said...

Adorable tag. I too like the double sided bear looking around the back side of the tree.

Carol said...


Thank you Caro!