Friday, August 6, 2021

Oceans of Love

The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week is Summertime Blues and I have been playing with blue shades of cardstock and the Iris Folding technique, although I'm calling mine the "freelance iris-like" with no folding technique. LOL! I'm also playing along with The Card Concept #158: Long Summer Days Challenge as I was inspired by their photo of colors and items related to the sea for this clean and layered card.






This cute little guy is from Flora and Fauna's Mermaid Love stamp set. I used a My Favorite Things Inside and Out Stitched Circles die then placed two rows of cardstock strips, one by one, around the back side of the opening with adhesive. I used the circle that was cut from my white panel to make my little ocean scene, attached it to the card base, then popped up the front panel on foam tape for depth. Sequins finished off the card for some sparkle like the water at the beach! I was inspired by this video by Debby Hughes of Lime Doodle Design. She made a gorgeous card and her video is very helpful on the technique. 

Hope your summertime blues mean that you are out under blue skies and by a pool or body of water somewhere!

See you soon,

-Carol

6 comments:

Karen said...

Your freestyle Iris" technique is perfect! Love the colors you chose, and the cute seal is adorable!

Carol said...

Thank you Karen! I want to do holiday versions now with the colors that represent each one!

Karen K said...

Your card is just too cute Carol :) LOVE your design and the colors are perfect. Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Carol :-) the little seal is adorable and I love the blue iris style frame!! Absolutely fabulous!

Congratulations you have won the $25 voucher on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Please email us
simonsayschallenge@hotmail.com
luv
Lols x x x

Carol said...

OMG! I am thrilled to be a winner and thank you so much!!!!! I have emailed you already!

Esther Asbury said...

What a sweet card! I love the pretty blue iris folding along the edges of your circle! So happy you played along at The Card Concept.