Monday, July 12, 2021

Altered Book

One way to recycle books when you don't know where to donate or otherwise share them is to repurpose them. I have done a couple of these, and this one is my tropical themed altered book that I have just started. This week's Just Us Girls Challenge is Trend Week #592: Recycle, and I am altering the pages as I get inspired.








I am stamping, using embellishments and ephemera, and ink blending papers as I go. Everything you see here is from my stash that I have "hoarded" for a long time. In my mind it is a "tiki hut" shaped book that I got years ago at a store called Ruban Rouge in Pinellas County, Florida. That store had me drooling every time I went there. It was a gorgeous store inside and had endless products for all sorts of paper crafts. I remember that they had Heidi Swapp coming to do a series of classes. They sold these shaped books and the first one I bought was for a stamp club I was in. In addition to stamping and making a project each month, we traded these books at each meeting and embellished another person's book following their particular theme. My theme was "games" because of the shape of the book. I will post it soon. One friend in the group thought she lost my book and said she was sick about it and was dreading telling me. It turned up and all was well in the world again for us both! My next one is going to be for my daughter and it is in the shape of an S. It will be a challenge!


It's got blank pages, so I can write in it and add pictures and stamping. Fun papercrafting projects! Hope this gives you some inspiration! Go check out the JUGS challenge and do some recycling of your own to play along!

Take a look at my next post where I showed my first altered book of games (chosen because of crown the shape of the book).

See you soon,

-Carol

3 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Very cool shaped books and love that you recycled them by altering the pages. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Macimbalo said...

Wow, so creative and lovely! Thanks for sharing at JUGS!

Nancy said...

There is nothing you can't do when it comes to crafts! Love the pages of the book so far and I especially like the Out to Sea sign. And the S book may be a challenge but I am sure you can do it, if anyone can. Thanks for linking up at Just Us Girls.