Saturday, June 26, 2021

Happy Summertime

I am channeling my inner Pop Art/Andy Warhol today by using colors that aren't the usual ones for some of these objects. I wanted to stick to hues of red, white and blue as much as possible as well as give a postcard look to the scene. This week I am playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Red, White and/or Blue here as well as the My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge #547 here.






All stamps are from The Greetery's Destination Summer stamp set and dies, and the postal die is from The Greetery as well. I popped up everything but the postal die cut on foam tape and added some blue sequins to mimic the sparkle of beach water. It's CAS in that it has a lot of white space, but it took some ink blending on the background pieces and two-step stamping on the trees, umbrellas and sailboat, which is actually fun for me.

Check out the cool cards the design teams made on these two challenges for inspiration. They are fantastic!

See you soon,

-Carol


No comments: