Friday, June 4, 2021

A Cheerful Hello

It's a rainy day here in Florida, but it gives me time to sit and make cards!! This month's Reverse Confetti Stock Your Stash Challenge(here) is Hello/Just Because. Here is my first card for this challenge.








I tried Channin Pelletier's ink swiping technique (here) for the background panel using Distress Oxide inks. Next, I die cut a Reverse Confetti tag from white cardstock. Then I stamped the pineapple from the Reverse Confetti Pineapples A Plenty stamp set using the rock 'n roll technique and two colors of Stampin' Up! yellow ink. I stamped a flower from the Reverse Confetti A Toucan of Friendship set using Simon Says Stamp Intense Black Ink and colored it with Copic markers. I grabbed my Wink of Stella pen to add shimmer to the pineapple and the leaves on top. After I fussy cut all the pieces and attached them with foam tape to the tag, I glued it onto the background panel.  I stamped the greeting from the Toucan set and made a flag out of it with scissors. I put the completed panel on a 4 1/2" and 4 1/4" side fold white card base. If you look closely you can see the sparkle on the pineapple that adds pretty shimmer to the card, along with the sequins.

This challenge is going on all month, so there is plenty of time to play along!

See you soon,

-Carol






No comments: