Sunday, May 16, 2021

Squeeze You

The Inspired By Challenge IB174 (Here) this week is Orange You Lemonade! I love citrus fruits and got out my Concord and 9th Orange You Sweet Stamp set to make a card. (I just realized the similar names of the challenge and my stamp set!) I like the two-step stamps in this set. It sort of adds a watercolor look to the fruit.




I masked off the middle of the card and stamped the solid background fruits with Distress Oxide inks, then the detail stamps in black. I did use two orange ink pads on some of the oranges to add shading. After removing the masks, all that was left was to put a sentiment in the middle, add some little dots, and draw a nice line with a black Pigma Micron pen. I added clear sequins and glossy accents to some of the seeds to add shine!

There are lots of cool ideas over there. Go see what people are sharing!

See you soon,

-Carol
 

4 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Hello, Carol!!! So happy to see an IG friend playing cards with us at Inspired By!!
This is a totally squeeze-ably adorable card - love the sentiment, and yes, that water-color-y look of your stamping!
Please come again? and thanks so much for playing along this week!
=]

Danni Reid said...

Carol, I LOVE your card, the use of two different oranges adds such a beautiful dimension to the fruit, love that idea! You have such a beautiful card, fresh, citrusy, and the PERFECT sentiment! Thank you for inspiring us @ IB this week!

Carol said...

Thank you!!!!

Carol said...

Thank you!!