Monday, May 31, 2021

Patriotic Quilt Card

The red, white and blue challenges have finally started to surface! I had this card in my head and thought it could be a cute Memorial Day/4th of July quilt look. I went to bed and mulled over what to use and how to make it. Here is my patriotic paper "quilt " for The Paper Players PP543 (here) and The Festive Friday FF0085 (here) challenges this week.










I have wanted to make a gingham quilt for years now. This is an example of a gingham quilt from Pinterest, posted by SimpleSimonandCompany.com and I love all the color combos you can choose for your quilt. One day I will make one.

For my card I used a little wavy squares punch that I have had forever to make my "quilt" squares. I chose three shades of blue and mounted them in a gingham pattern on a red background. I punched little red hearts for the light blue squares, then mounted that panel on a panel made from the darkest of my blues.

I grabbed a striped embossing folder for the white background and wanted it to look like the quilt was hanging on a wall of wainscoting. Then I mounted the quilt and "wainscoting" on a side fold A2 white card base. Last, I made my own sentiment on the computer and used another red punched heart to complete it. I cut it out with an MFT stitched rectangle die and matted it with red and dark blue rectangles. For a little bling, I added red rhinestones beside my sentiment.

For the Festive Friday Challenge I used stripes, bright colors, rectangles, punches AND embossing. And for the Paper Players I of course used red, white and blue.

Hope you are enjoying this Memorial Day weekend and thinking of those who fought for our freedom. 

See you later,

-Carol





9 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is amazing! I LOVE your quilt! The colors are awesome, but the way you created is so very clever! Thanks for playing with my Tic Tac Toe challenge at the Players this week!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Love how you created your paper quilt, great job lining up those little squares! Thank you for joining us at Festive Friday.

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!!! It was fun to make. Now to get up the nerve to try a fabric one!! LOL!

Nancy said...

This is so amazingly perfect Carol! I love the tones of blue and the vertical base as well, as it ties into the design so perfectly! So glad you found a place to showcase this beauty and glad it was at The Paper Players.

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert said...

Love your paper quilt! What a great idea and you executed it beautifully!

Helen Jennings said...

What a fantastic quilt card. Those little wavy squares are just perfect. Thank you for joining us at the Festive Friday challenge

Carol said...

Thank you!

Carol said...

Thanks Melanie!

Carol said...

Thanks Sharon!