Monday, March 29, 2021

Happy Easter!

I found inspiration recently in KarrenJ's Block Work post and have finally made a couple of cards using her technique. Here is my Spring/Easter version:









I followed Karren's tutorial for the distress ink background and I find it really fun to make. Like Karren, I had to use square punches/dies to make my own stencil for the blocks step and then used my Spellbinders March Large Die of the month set for the bunny, flowers and word dies. This background is addicting. I made the card in a mini slimline size (6 1/4 x 3 1/4) so I had to make an envelope for it. Luckily my Envelope Punch Board had a really close size to this card!!

Happy Spring to you!

-Carol




4 comments:

Nandini said...

Wow! This card is beautiful! Love the way you combined stencils and dies. The background looks lovely and the die-cuts are really cute! Good to see you in the HLS gallery. Hope you will join us again this month. Nandini, DT

Carol said...

Thank you!!! So pleased to have been chosen a winner in this category!

Karren said...

This is wonderful! I love the monochromatic look to the block work. Thanks so much for linking to my blog post - I really appreciate it.

Carol said...

I enjoyed making it and another birthday card as well. Such a fun technique, and I wanted to give you credit for inspiring me!