Thursday, September 24, 2026

A Happy Hello

This garden background that I stenciled has a little mushroom house peeking out of it. I made it for our Just Us Girls #842. It is Anything Goes Stencil Week, hosted by our teammate Sue. I didn't use all of the openings in this three piece layered stencil set to keep it simple. The house is so easy to piece together and is a cute set from Poppystamps.








Here's what I used to make the card:

  • Poppystamps 2655 Large Mushroom House craft die
  • Altenew Blooming Flower Bed stencil set
  • Lawn Fawn free gift sentiment, Stitched Hillside Borders die
  • Concord & 9th ink pad
  • Ranger distress ink pads
  • Patterned paper scraps

I built the house first to know which inks to use for the stenciling. I shaded many of the parts of the house, the chimney, and smoke with blending brushes. On an A2 panel I stenciled with a light hand in order to avoid overpowering the house. I die cut the lawn to ground the house and stamped/die cut the sentiment on a banner. I matted it to separate it from the white background.

While I didn't make the stenciling the main event on the card, I had it cover most of the card to be obvious for the challenge. What will you make? Can't wait to see!

Thanks for visiting!

Carol

2 comments:

cm said...

An adorable little mushroom house, surrounded by pretty flowers. I'm smitten with the gingham roof; too cute!
hugs~carol

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely floral stencilled background for your fun mushroom cottage, Carol, with the friendly smoke trail coming out of the chimney. The peach and light green colors work perfectly for your scene! Thank you for having me as Guest DT this month - I have enjoyed playing along with the team! Julia xx