Thursday, August 6, 2026

Thanks Friend

Summer is passing so quickly and my teacher friends have to get ready to go back to school very soon. This card is for a world traveler friend of mine that I get to see in August! Just Us Girls #835 is Die Week and Anything Goes with dies. I LOVE this Hero Arts set, even with the teeny tiny eyelashes and mouth. I couldn't help pairing it with my seaside scene stencils!

Take a stroll though the team's use of dies for some fun reading and inspiration. Our August Guest Designer is Betty Keefe and she has a beautiful die cut card for you, too. We love to be inspired by your cards each week, too!












What I used:

  • My Monthly Hero July 2026 Kit
  • Concord & 9th Seaside stencils, Mini ink pads 
  • Altenew Obsidian black ink pad
  • Red glimmer metallic and silver holographic card stock
  • SU! patterned papers

I went looking for red card stock for the scooter and ran into a scrap of this glimmery red that I just love. (Source unknown) Then I found a scrap of holographic silver for parts of the scooter and another glittery piece for the lights. I just had to make her glasses match the scooter, too. I wanted to pop her up on a wobbler, but it stands way too high off the card. The second photo above shows the glimmer and sparkle better.

The scenery is ink blended lightly so that she could take center stage but I wanted the water and sky to match well with her dress. I made a couple of boo boos, but I wasn't going to start over after the die cut portion was adhered and they might escape the eye.

Come play along with us with your die cut creations!

Carol

2 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Carol... you are such an inspiration for me! What an adorable set! Being in school, I am missing so much. School is important, and cardmaking will be here when I finish... but seeing cute sets like this makes me want to shop! GREAT card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

She worked perfectly with that fun background!