Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Boo!

Hello! I guess it is time to think "fall" and get some projects made. Sunday Stamps SSC392 Framed Focus inspired me to create a shadow box following their sketch. Here's my take on it.








I've made shadow boxes before and they are not too complicated. For this one I added the patterned paper to the sides to follow the  horizontal part of the sketch and ghosty patterned paper inside for the vertical part of the sketch. I popped up the jack o'lantern on a popped up rectangular "box" and adhered the clouds to each other, then the sides of the frame. (I die cut both clouds twice to make them sturdy.) I wanted a sentiment so I stamped and fussy cut the BOO! and a teeny ghost to pop in the corner. The finished shadow box is about 7" x 4 1/2" and 1/2" deep.

What I used:

  • Sizzix Edison Colorize dies
  • Stampin' Up! Spooky Bingo Bits stamp set, patterned paper (pumpkins and shadow box)
  • Altenew Obsidian black ink pad

There are lots of different sizes of shadow boxes on Pinterest and the tutorials have photos to follow. My next one will be square.

Have you started fall projects yet? I may still make summery ones but not for long. Happy summer's end and beginning of fall.

Thanks for stopping by,

Carol

No comments: