Thursday, September 19, 2024

Fall Thanks

A very long time ago two friends and I took floral design classes for a couple of years. We did a few friends' weddings and I sometimes do little arrangements for home. One of my favorite "exams" in that class was the arrangement in a real pumpkin. Today I made a paper one for Ina's Just Us Girls #745 Photo/Moodboard with pretty florals.













The products I used:

Papertrey Ink: Pumpkin House dies

Spellbinders: Mini Blooms and Sprigs

Simon Says Stamp: Thanks die

Patterned paper scrap

The arrangement we made for class had the top of the pumpkin cut off like you do for a Jack-O'-Lantern, but this one is a whole pumpkin decorated with florals that takes colors from the patterned paper background.

I die cut the pumpkin and all the flowers and centers first. I inked blended a little black onto the dove grey pumpkin sections, then assembled it. I assembled the flowers next, then adhered them to the pumpkin.

I cut the patterned paper to fit the A2 card base and adhered it.

Last, I die cut the "thanks" two times and stacked them for thickness. The pumpkin is popped up on foam tape and the thanks is adhered to it and the patterned paper.

We hope you will join us with your floral card this week. The team has a variety of really great ideas for your inspiration.

Happy beginning of fall season!

Carol


3 comments:

Cindy H. said...

What a lovely Fall Thank You card! Love the design and colors.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun flowered pumpkin!

ElizStewart said...

Carol... aren't you getting in the holiday spirit! Love how you reversed the colors...very fun.