Friday, August 2, 2024

Riding by

I have the honor of being a guest designer for As You See It Challenge #329, where the Recipe Challenge theme is Forest Bathing. Forest Bathing has its origins in Japan and is tied to the belief that immersing one's self in nature is good for us. I went back to personal experiences in Costa Rica, hiking amongst the palm trees (my favorite tree) to get to a deserted beach. That beach is forever etched in my mind because other than our group, no one was around. I could have ridden a hybrid or mountain bike through those trees and that is how I came up with this card.








Our secluded beach in Costa Rica.









Products I used:

Ellen Hutson: Good Day stamp and die sets

Honeybee Stamps: Happy Birthday sentiment stamp

Sugar Pea Studios: Stitched rectangle die

Stampin Up!: Embossing folder, Crumb Cake ink pad (for sand)

Copic markers

Prismacolor pencils

Altenew: Obsidian Pigment Ink

Twine

Foam tape

First, I stamped and colored three trees on a stitched, white, die cut panel. I stamped, die cut and colored more trees and my bike rider. I popped up two trees and the bike rider on foam tape for depth. I created the "Riding by" on my computer so it would fit in the space I had for the sentiment. I stamped the Happy Birthday under "Riding by" and cut a rectangle around the completed sentiment. I matted it with the same green as the embossed mat I made using a woven basket texture folder. I assembled my card front along with some twine that looked outdoorsy. My card is 5" x 7" so that I could have the frame of the embossed mat around the scene.

I am anxious to see all the ideas people have for this challenge! Thanks to the team again for choosing my card and offering me the chance to guest with them.

Thanks for stopping by!

Carol



3 comments:

Heather said...

Just beautiful, Carol! Love this happy little card - and your inspirations for it are stunning, too, lol. What a great little biker! Thanks so much for guesting with us at As You See It!

Carol said...

Thank you so much Heather! Thanks for having me!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I just love the serene scene you created on your card Carol - and that beach in Costa Rica looks truly idyllic! So happy you could share your inspiration with us as our guest at As You See It this week!