Friday, June 7, 2024

Smile

The Time Out Challenges #265 theme this time is Inspired By Words. The first quote below is the one they provided. I also thought about some other related ones: 

"There are always flowers for those who want to see them." -Henri Matisse.

"Smile and the whole world smiles with you, cry and you cry alone." - Stanley Gordon West.

I also thought about "looking at the world through rose colored glasses."

In the end, being a glass half full type of person is the gist of these words and my take away was this sparkly card.












Products I used: 

Concord and 9th: Bright Eyes dies

Alex Syberia: Fox Trot Alphabet die set

Patterned papers from my stash

White glitter paper

This card was just a lot of die cutting and arranging of the elements. I cut the front of the card off a little over an inch to show the sentiment along the side. I cut a strip of lighter pink cardstock, then die cut the letters into it. I put a solid piece of darker pink behind it for the letter openings so they would show up well. That's it!

I'm off to do chores that I avoided in order to make this card this morning...see you back here this weekend

-Carol

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Carol, thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving me a kind comment! I love your card and feel like you've captured the quote so well with both the flowers and the glasses! And what a lovely, cheerful card with those summery colors you chose! I'm your newest follower!

Carol said...

Thank you so much Carrie! Your pretty teepee card has influenced me to look at those azalea dies...so tempting!!! So glad we crossed paths!

Helen said...

What a fabulous take on our challenge Carol!! I love it!! So pretty in pink!! Such a clever design!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Time Out Challenge. :)

Carol said...

Thank you so much Helen!

Kate said...

What a great take on our Inspired By Words Challenge - and that you managed to cram so many wonderfully inspiring quotes into one creation! What I reallylove about your card is that you were inspired not just by the word "flowers" but also by wanting to see them - the rose coloured glasses idea is just pure genius IMO!
Thank you so much for playing cards with us this fortnight at Time Out and making our gallery look so good!
Hugs, Kate (DT Time Out Challenges)!