Sunday, March 17, 2024

It's Time to Celebrate

The latest Craft Roulette Episode #206 gave me some ideas, but it took a lot of trial and error to get something I could live with as a submission. I just couldn't put my ideas onto paper. Ever get like that? The parameters this week were:

Project: Card with a heart

Element: Plant

Colors: Vintage

Random: Lace on the base



Craft Roulette allows pretty much all interpretations of the parameters, but you need to explain what you did to include them. My card has three hearts: two on the bottle label and the one with the sentiment. My plant is the vine on the label and most of my colors are vintage, including ink blending Antique Linen distress ink on the label and doily. My lace is that little doily under the bottle. My other vintage item is the wine or champagne. Is this wine a good vintage? Who knows?

Products I used:

My Favorite Things: Pop the Champagne die set

Stampin' Up!: Sentiment, patterned paper

Pink and Main: Sentiment banner die

Sugar Pea Designs: Card Front Element Builder die set

Spellbinders: Lace circle die (super vintage purchase)

Concord and 9th: Mini ink pad

Ranger: Antique Linen Distress Ink

Cork paper: It really is cork!

White gel pen

Gold glimmery vellum

First I die cut and built the bottle, then stamped the label and colored it. (The vine stamp is only a tiny part of a stamp that came with my little Sidekick die cutting machine.) A little white gel pen added some shine to the bottle. 

I stamped and die cut the sentiment banner next. 

Then I cut a strip of gold glimmer vellum to ground my die cuts. I chose a patterned paper that could be vintage-y (didn't have to but kept thinking I did) and die cut it into a stitched rectangle.  

I arranged my elements and adhered them to their places. Last, I popped up the bottle on foam tape for some depth.

It is always fun to make the bottle and think of something personalized for its label. Here is a card I CASEd earlier this year from the MFT website.




See you back here soon!

-Carol



No comments: