Monday, March 6, 2023

Long Time No Sea

It is that time of year when spring break (and soon thereafter summer) will soon be here. It is quite warm already where I live so I am in the mood to get out my beachy stamps. I happened to see that the AAA Cards Challenge #235 is Ink Blending Along an Edge, so I thought I would create a bird's eye view beach scene. Many of the beaches here in Florida are famous for having sugary white sand, so that is what kind of beach my CAS card has to be!







Products I used:

Ellen Hutson: umbrella, sentiment

Sugar Pea Designs: wave stencil

Stampin' Up!: ink pads

Concord and 9th: ink pads

Versafine: Onyx black ink pad

First I ink blended a turquoise ink on the left edge of my A2 card. Next, I blended in some aqua/teal ink. I put down my stencil and added more of those two inks for the waves to appear. I stamped the umbrella (three layers to get the different colors and the stripes) and fussy cut it out. Last, I stamped the sentiment at the edge of the waves.

Now I need to hop in the car and go sit at the beach because that is all I can think about now!

Sea you soon,

-Carol


5 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

That's fabulous, I can feel the beach calling ;-) . Thank you for playing at the AAA Card Challenges, hope to see you again next time.

Carol said...

Thank you!!!!!!!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Brilliant! I love it and will be (case)ing it.

Carol said...

Thank you Janet!!!

sentsue said...

Beautiful work Carol!!