Sunday, January 22, 2023

Did a Little Shopping

A Christmas present to myself in December was a few shopping die sets from Spellbinders...and I have more ideas for them coming up soon. The Color Throwdown #726 Challenge is to use Navy, Grey and White...and I thought that purses might look good in those colors. There is a great play on words for the latin phrase Veni, Vidi, Vici (I came, I saw, I conquered - Julius Caesar)...Veni, Vidi, Visa!! I came  I saw, I shopped! HA! I think I may even have an old wooden stamp that says this!






Products I used:

Altenew: grid die

Spellbinders: Shopping Spree dies/sentiment stamps

GinaK: white detail embossing powder

Assorted cardstock

Silver cardstock (for metal pieces on purses)

Versamark watermark ink pad

Since this is the first time using the shopping dies and stamps, I am playing over at NBUS #46 as well!

I used the grid die to look like you are in a store where they display/hang purses and other clothing items on a white grid. I couldn't wait to make purses with different colors and textures! (I plan to make more patterned multicolored ones soon!) Really fun! Also, I can't wait to use some of the other funny sentiments that coordinate with this die set!

Hope you are having time to play with your new or old stamping supplies this weekend!

-Carol




2 comments:

Darnell said...

This card is a winner, Carol! I love everything about your thought process and how you designed the "display" and your perfect sediment! Veni, Vidi, Visa! I love it!! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Carol said...

Thank you Darnell! You always make me smile!!!!