Saturday, September 3, 2022

Sending You Joy

For our Just Us Girls Challenge Word Week #648 my teammate Sue has chosen the word Basket. The two little basket stamps that I have just didn't inspire me, so I looked around Pinterest and CASEd a darling card that was created with an SVG file. I don't have that program or the machine that cuts it, so I decided I had to make it from scratch.








I began by making the basket (from a patterned paper rectangle whose sides I cut on an angle to be slightly wider at the top) to fit an A2 sized card. I used an older SU! punch for the vents at the bottom of the basket, then, using an equally old SU! stamp set, I did the rock and roll technique to stamp 9 strawberries with two red inks and 9 strawberries again with two green inks. I fussy cut the red strawberries, then the green leaves, and glued the leaves on top of the strawberries. Next I assembled the basket and berries. I decided I needed to stencil a background in the top 2/3 of the card front. After that I masked off the top of the card front so that I could use an ink blending brush to create the "table" at the very bottom. Last, I bent a clear sentiment stamp onto a clear block to stamp in an arch shape and stamped it over the strawberries. That's it!

Products I used:

Stampin' Up!: stamp set, punch and patterned paper

Concord and 9th mini ink pads

Tim Holtz stencil

Ink blending brushes

Waffle Flower: Riding By stamp set for sentiment

Twine


We hope you will join our basket themed challenge this week! There is a lot of inspiration for different takes on "basket" from the design team! See you in the gallery!

-Carol

11 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun basket of strawberries!

Carol said...

Thanks Vicki!

ElizStewart said...

Carol... this basket is delicious!!!

Julie B said...

Well done making your basket from the supplies like that, the starwberries look good enough to eat! :)

Nancy said...

Carol, This is as darling as can be and if I hadn't seen it I am not sure what I would have come up with for this challenge. Thanks for always pushing me to do more and think harder! Hugs!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, Carol what a pretty little basket! This is a delightful card!

cm said...

Wait..what? You 'made' the basket and fussy cut the strawberries and leaves? Beyond impressive...and so pretty! Craving strawberries now!
hugs~carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I LOVE your adorable patterned basket filled with those yummy strawberries! I love how you created that basket and tied it with twine. Great mix of patterns, too.

Carol said...

Thanks ladies! I appreciate your comments!

Bobby said...

Look at you propping your basket against a basket. ;) You did a great job recreating the one you saw and it turned out beautifully, Carol.

Ina G said...

Wow! amazing creativity here Carol. You are so clever making such a super basket. How cool the strawberries are that are cut up! I have just finished eating some beautifully sweet strawberries but weren't in a lovely basket.