Saturday, September 10, 2022

Hello Fall

Well, it is September and almost fall, so I thought it was time to break out the autumn feels in cardmaking. I am playing along with two challenges, Inspired By IB202 Apple Harvest and Global Design Project GDP359 Autumn/Fall theme.





For the Inspired By Challenge I was drawn to the apples, the grass and the basket colors. Apple picking and baking are what came to my mind with this picture. The Global Design Project picture made me think of the weather cooling down, going to the pumpkin patch and the changing colors of fall.

I borrowed a friend's Hello die a while ago and die cut several in different colors. The FALL letters came from a W Plus 9 Die that says FABULOUS, so I cut it twice (to get two L's) from yellow card stock and ink blended orange and brown on each to look like the changing colors of fall. I used Concord and 9th inks and little daubers to add the colors.

I cut the apple patterned paper into a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 panel, then used a stitched die from Sugar Pea to get the stitched edges in the middle of the panel. I put some old Stampin' Up! apple patterned paper in between the two apple pieces, then adhered the three pieces with foam tape. I had to cut the panel back to 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" again with the addition of the green apple paper.

I made an A2 red card base and popped up the completed panel onto it. I added three glitter brads (with the prongs cut off) in red, coppery/orange and green and adhered them to the bottom right side of my card with glue dots. Now I feel like baking something with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves!

Hope you are having a good transition to fall from summer!

-Carol

5 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Carol, this is a fun inspired fall card! The Apple DP is just perfect for this challenge! Thank you for playing the IB with us :) !!!

Carol said...

Thank you Silke!

Laurel said...

A great take on the challenge! What perfect paper! Thank you for playing at IB with us!

Carol said...

Thanks so much!!!!

~amy~ said...

Oh I love this!
Thanks for playing along at the Inspired by challenge!