Saturday, June 4, 2022

National Iced Tea Month: June!

I am participating again in the National Wacky Holiday Hop over on Instagram. (Please be sure to go see my account https://www.instagram.com/sawithadtomakeit/ for the links to all the cardmakers in the hop!) For June, I chose National Iced Tea Month! As I type this I am sipping on a cool glass of Arizona Iced tea (Arnold Palmer: iced tea/lemonade) ! Here is a little history on this refreshing drink from the National Day Calendar website.




I used an older (1991) wooden stamp by Stamp It! for my drink as well as Prismacolor pencils to color it! (I didn't realize how many colors/shades are in a glass of iced tea! It is very orangey with a variety of browns and a little yellow! Look at the picture below that I used when coloring my images) I had to use this patterned paper that I adore...it just screams SUMMER! I added a little grey colored pencil beneath each glass for shadows, and created the sentiments on my computer to finish the card!! We hope you will join us over on Instagram today, June 4, to see all the fun and wacky holidays our card designers chose to celebrate!




 Make you thirsty? Me too! See you soon,

-Carol


No comments: